For Sale $395,000 - Farm
Beautiful jungle farm with 12 waterfalls
- Property ID: 3867
- Lot Size Acres: 320
- Lot Size Hectares: 129
This is an affordable dream – 320 tropical acres – 129 hectares in paradise featuring 2 kilometers of dramatic river frontage with 12 waterfalls as one boundary.
The property which rises in elevation from 800-2500 feet is 35% virgin rainforest for conservation, an eco development or pure enjoyment of nature at it’s finest. Possibility of 4-6 mini farms of 30+ acres with grand ocean views and sections of natural jungle. There is abundant water to create an off the grid community.
Access is by 4 wheel drive on a recently constructed quality road. The farm is located in Tres Rios on the southern pacific coast near the gateway to the Osa Peninsula, costa rica’s last wilderness.
The lower third of the property provides valley and mountain views, the middle section gives ocean views looking west and south across the Terraba river to the Osa Peninsula and Drake Bay.
The location of this property benefits from its proximity to the Osa Peninsula and Corcovado National Park. In addition the ongoing development of the Golfito area as an offshore fishing center draws more tourists each year – two major marinas are in the planning stages. The Cortes Regional Hospital completed in 2008 is just a mile away, and the new San Buenas golf course is a 15 minute drive.
Farm Tres Rios Water Details
Usage lots for development.
- Ocean view lots, 11, 12, 13 and 14
- Mountain view lots 1, 2, 7 and 8
- The other lots are not usable for development due to setbacks required for water systems.
There are 3 water springs on this property.
- This main spring is 200 meters from lot 9. The water system for this water source is already partially in place. A 3 inch pipe is in place that brings water to the development below this property and is shared with the development below. Collection of the water already exists at the water source. This collection takes the water 100 meters down into a large water tank. From this tank the water can be pumped to lot 9, which is, 100 meter away or it can be pumped to the upper lots. This water source was tested and gives 7 liters of water per second.
- The second water spring is higher than lot 12 and can be gravity fed to all of the lots below that and pumped to lot 13 and 14 easily.
- The third water spring is at the very top of the property. Above the large waterfall, right before the neighbouring property. It is difficult to access but is there if needed.
Farm Tres Rios Gravel Pit Details
The gravel pit is approx. 100 meters long and is a mountain full of gravel. It is located above lot 9 and is right off the road with easy access. There is enough gravel to spread on the entire road of the development.